Grants of up to $5,000 to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations in eligible regions to benefit senior citizens and underserved children and youth. Funding is intended for general operating expenses or for programs. Support is given to initiatives in which a modest grant can play a significant part and which have meaningful goals in relation to the total resources committed to them. Funds must benefit residents of the city of Philadelphia.
HTWM considers grant proposals from 501(c)3 organizations serving residents of the City of Philadelphia with budgets that are $2.5 million and under.
Requirements for all grant applicants:
- Operating budget under $2.5 million
- 501c3 status
- One year of financial data
Ineligible organizations / proposals under HTWM criteria:
- Organizations outside of the City of Philadelphia*
- Organizations that have received three (3) consecutive years of funding
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, sexual or religious preference, age, disability or gender
- Organizations with budgets over $2,500,000
- Proposals requesting assistance for religious or political purposes.
*Applications for national, state or regional organizations that have significant and defining programs in the City of Philadelphia may be considered.
HTWM will consider applications for equipment, furnishings and limited renovations connected with specific programs. Proposals for capital expenditures or endowments are considered but are given a low priority
Application deadline: September 01 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT (Midnight)
After the application has been submitted, a program staff member will reach out to you to discuss next steps.