Grants of up to $10,000 to Pennsylvania businesses in eligible locations for operational support and stabilization efforts. Funding is intended to assist established for-profit companies that have lost revenue or want to expand their businesses. It is also intended to support companies that want to open a new business. Eligible applicants are located in Clinton County.
• For-profit businesses registered and located within the Clinton County Jurisdictional boundaries. All the 29 municipalities in Clinton County. The location of the business will be considered the place of business administration and registration address.
• For-profit businesses with up to 100 employees at the time of application submission
• For-profit businesses with less than $1 million in annual gross revenues
• Applicant is 51%+ majority owner of the business
• Not a franchise
• Owner is 18 years or older
• Owner has a valid Social Security or Employer Identification Number
• Owner/applicant is not currently in bankruptcy
• Owner/Applicant is current with property taxes; OR Owner has a payment plan in place with their municipality as of May 25, 2023
• Business has or will have active liability insurance within 30 days of application
• Business does not have any conflict of interest with Clinton County Government or its program staff.
• Business is not listed on the Federal Debarred list.
• Have their physical location outside of Clinton County
• Are organized as nonprofit entities
• Engage in political activity as a business
• This grant program also excludes assistance to payday grant businesses, liquor and tobacco stores, pawn shops, firearms or other weapons dealers, adult entertainment venues, passive real estate investment firms, or home-based businesses operating without appropriate zoning permission and/or permits.
Funds may not be used to:
• Pay off non-business debt, such as personal credit cards for purchases not associated with the business
• Purchase personal items or finance personal activities not clearly and directly associated with the business
• Finance political activities
• Pay fines or child support
• Support other businesses in which the applicant may have an interest.
The application opens on May 8. The application deadline is May 25, 2023.
Estimated Size of Grant
Up to $10,000
Term of Contract
Funds must be spent by September 29, 2023. Businesses must commit to remaining open for 2 years.